At Ecole Dickinsfield School, we learn about and celebrate our diversity.
What a wonderful school we have!
"Students, parents and school authorities have responsibilities
for ensuring welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments
that respect diversity and nurture a sense of belonging
and a positive sense of self.... When students feel like they belong,
it encourages them to stay in school to learn and succeed.
In welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environments,
students, staff, families and community partners
treat each other fairly and kindly." Alberta Education
Understanding and celebrating our diversity also fits with Leader In Me:
Habit #3 Think Win-Win
Habit #5 Seek First To Understand
â€‹Habit #6 Synergize
Check out our great video!
- Alberta Education Safe And Caring Schools
- Alberta Education Inclusive Education
- United Nations Rights Of The Child
- Alberta Teachers Association, Diversity, Equity and Human Rights (DEHR)
(Aboriginal Education, Gender Equity, Intercultural Education, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity)
- FMPSD Board Policy for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Respectful Schools On-Line Toolkit