First Nations, Metis and Inuit Education
We have Native Liaison Support at our school. Their role is to:
- Ensure that native students have a contact person to provide support
- Meet with native students on a regular basis in the school in order to determine and support individual needs
- Strengthen communication lines between home and school.
- Provide assistance to teachers who wish to initiate programs involving the study of native culture.
- Promote aboriginal awareness by meeting all people (Elders, community members, etc.), doing class presentations, aboriginal crafts and home visits with parents.
- Create networks between schools, community and the aboriginal community.